- Keep them away from draughts and anything that can easily catch fire like furniture or curtains.
- Don’t let candles fall over! You need to keep candles firmly upright in a proper holder.
- Don’t let anything fall into the hot wax, like matchsticks.
- Use a ‘snuffer’or a spoon to put candles out. It’s safer than blowing them,which can send sparks and hot wax flying.
- Keep candles out of reach of children and pets.
- Always place candles on a heat-resistant surface. Night lights and tea lights can melt plastic surfaces like TV tops and bathtubs.
- Don’t lean across candles! You could set fire to your clothes or hair.
- Always leave at least four inches (10cm) between two burning candles.